Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fine Day at Bryan High

I loved every minute of the day I spent lanyarding with the young folks in Anja Schwalen's classes at Bryan high yesterday, AND I once again came away with a generous appreciation of all those dedicated men and women who spend their days with our youth. Six hours of stringing beads should not have left me as tired as I was, but somehow riding herd on the seventy-five or so different personalities that moved in and out of the classroom, explaining the cause, helping them make bead choices that fit their personalities (and also the personalities of potential lanyard owners), and keeping everything moving forward, left me wishing that I had a in-home chef (and masseuse, while we're dreaming).

Frankly, I'm in awe of anyone who, as their career, chooses to hang with teenagers all day and who, after doing so, agrees to go back and do it again the next day!

Thanks to Anja and her colleagues and all the young Vikings who made the day such a great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment